Undergraduate studies after school
To become a Physiologist, you should complete your schooling with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and join the following streams:
- You can complete M.B.B.S.
- You can also complete Bachelor of Pharmacy
- You can also study for a Bachelor degree in Human Physiology / Zoology / Botany / Plant Sciences / Agricultural Science / Animal Sciences
- You can study for a Bachelor degree in Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry
Post Graduate and Doctoral studies
- After finishing M.B.B.S., you can opt for M.D. in Medical Physiology and specialise in Clinical Neurophysiology / Clinical Exercise Physiology. You can also go for a Ph.D. in Medical Physiology.
- If you do a graduation in Pharmacy or Human Physiology, then you can study Human Physiology with specialisation in Respiratory Physiology/ Nutritional Physiology/ Neurophysiology / Endocrine Physiology / Cellular & Molecular Physiology. Then you can opt for a Ph.D. in Physiology.
- If you do a graduation in Zoology, then also you can do a Master's in Human Physiology. And then a Ph.D.
- If you do a graduation in Botany / Plant Science / Agriculture, then you can do a Master's in Plant Physiology.
- If you do a graduation in Veterinary Science, then you can do a Master degree in Veterinary Science in Animal Physiology. Then you can do a Ph.D.
- If you do a graduation in Animal Sciences or in Zoology, then you can do a Master's in Animal Physiology and then a Ph.D.