What will you do daily
As an industrial designer, you will be required to fulfil the following roles and responsibilities.
- You will consult with your client regarding the designs and for any changes to further modify it.
- You will try to minimize the cost of manufacturing and production and examine the quality of material to be used in making the product.
- You will either focus on a particular product category or may involve in many product lines.
- You will conduct the testing of the product.
- After getting the approval of the design, you will create the physical model of the design.
- You will ensure the proper functioning of the product and evaluate its safety and appearance.
- As a product designer, you will be required to use various tools and machines to create the product.
- You will use software to create the 2D and 3D Computer Aided Designs (CAD) and Computer Aided Industrial Design (CAID) to help the manufactures and production departments.
- You will conduct the research in the market to develop or innovate new ideas.
- You will prepare the reports and samples of the various stages of the designing process to present before the clients.
- You will be required to have the technical knowledge to work with industrial tools, machines and equipment.
- Sometimes, you will be required to travel to client’s production centres to make a presentation for design proposals.
- You will coordinate with the sales, marketing and production department for negotiating the contracts.
- You will design the product while considering the consumer’s age groups, their demands and after making the product you will check how the consumer reacts towards it and what are their views.