What will you daily
As an Archaeologist, depending on your field of specialisation, you would have the following roles and responsibilities:
- You will work to recover, conserve and preserve all old books manuscripts, notes, records, artefacts, etc.
- You will work to identify historical places such as buildings and work to conserve these places.
- You will also present historical accounts to bring political, social, economic or geographic records.
- You will be responsible for authenticating or rejecting any historical claim by people, government, organizations, etc.
- You will preserve artefacts and put them in museums, visitor centres, and historical sites.
- You will dig hidden places without any damage to potential historical site or artefacts.
- You will study objects and structures recovered so that you can identify them and authenticate them and interpret their significance.
- You will do research on past societies sites to answer any specific questions about them.
- You will write, present and publish your reports about the site, the methodology of site extraction, artefacts collected and present your analysis and findings.
- You will describe the physical properties of the artefacts like their size, material used, shape, Importance, etc.